12/24/08

Santa Stationary

I just spent the better part of the last 2 hours scouring the Internet in search of a 100% customizable Santa letter and/or Santa stationary that I could print for free. (Yes, I am cheap.) The only reason I waited until now is because hubby wanted an extra special reminder to our 6 year old, who has not been the best of best lately (including bed time tonight).

She already had a call from Santa, and a visit to see him and take pictures. However I did agree that maybe if our words were not sinking in, perhaps a written (or printed) note from a higher up in her world would help us out.

The problem I ran into tonight is even though the letters are cute and you can personalize them, they are not customizable. They either mention going to bed early, leaving carrots and cookies out, or the letter she sent him. Well, she is already in bed and will be getting the letter tomorrow morning in her stocking, we already left everything out for Santa, and she did not send him a letter. So, I was hitting roadblock after roadblock.

Finally I decided instead of searching for an already made personalized Santa letter, I would just search for Santa stationary.

Bingo.

Oh but wait, the stupid companies put their watermarks and logos all over the stupid thing. Why? Seriously, why do you need to publicize yourself on an image that is meant to be read by a child? How far are these companies willing to go to sabotage our children's fragile minds?

Well, luckily for me, I said there is no way I am printing it like that. A quick copy-paste into Photoshop and a few patches later, voila...

Santa stationary


A beautiful ready to print and write on Santa stationary. All I had to do was save it and upload it into Word to create an 8.5 x 11 image to print and write on. (I like the more personalized touch of actual writing. Santa shouldn't be too far into this technology age. He's still riding in a sleigh!)

Feel free to download and save the image above. If it doesn't come out 100% perfect, and mine really did, then feel free to email me at mel.bail.mama {at} gmail {dot} com. I can send you the image or the saved Word document with the image already in it.

Good luck! And Happy Holidays to you and yours!

~Mel

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I hope you have a nice Christmas!

    Dawn
    @PainterMommy
    http://www.paintermommy.com

    ReplyDelete