8/21/12

$5 Dinners

Have you read $5 Dinner's blog yet? Well, why not?

Erin over at $5 Dinners is keeping us mothers informed with her tricks of how she can make a dinner for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) for under $5! Yes, under $5 for the entire meal!

How does she do it? Well, you really should head on over there and read some of her recipes, and try it out for yourselves. I personally took three of her recipes and tested her methods for myself. She has so many delicious recipes, but for my family I went with her versions of some of our favorites:

Provolone Wrapped Chicken
Baked Ziti
Chili-Cornbread Cups

Oh, my mouth was watering for this last one.

Erin was also kind enough to answer some questions about her blog.

Mama: Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Erin: I am a wife to a wonderful and supportive husband, and a SAHM to 2 adorable little boys who all keep life moving and adventurous!

Mama: What made you start this blog?
Erin: I started $5 Dinners.com after I started paying more attention to sale prices, couponing and menu planning. I would tell my husband, "This meal was only $3.85." Or, "I can't believe I've made another meal for less than $5!" I was doing the dishes one night and thought of the phrase "$5 Dinners". I did some research to find that there wasn't much out there in the "healthy frugal eating" blogworld, so I started the site and am very pleased with how it's grown and developed.

Mama: Roughly, what size family do these meals feed (how many adults, kids)?
Erin: The recipes that I write are for my family of 4, 2 adults and 2 small boys.

Mama: What tools do you suggest for others to use to accomplish your techniques (magnetic calendar, coupon books, etc)?
Erin: I would encourage people to get a magnetic fridge calendar, coupon binder or coupon file folder to stay organized. I also recommend coming up with your own personalized grocery list in a Word or Excel document to help get you started.

*Note: This interview was done in 2009, not sure why I didn't post it back then, but I still felt Erin deserved the publicity because her site is really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment